Hello, My name is Yoga, usually people call me YogaBear. Catching up with age on every 12th April. I usually write about random stuff here, just about life and well things that I feel about certain issues, or just simply a topic on which I think everyone has different views on.
If you don't like what you read, then hey, just don't bother about it, because I don't really care about what you think because people are different, but if you're here just to read about my life and to know me, by all means continue❤!
Visit my other friends who had been on the TARDIS, will you?
"Time is something we are all running short of."
"Singapore Third Series Coins - Requested By Nuan Bing"
A little background of what I'm going to talk about today.

Singapore second series of coins which we are all familiar with, has been around for about 25-28 years now. MAS ( Monetary Authority of Singapore ) has came up with the idea of releasing the third series in mid 2013. With new looks and designs and weight. Seems like Singapore is in the year of big changes uh?

It was released that they are going to release these new coins rather soon, but fret not cause the old coins will still be used. They have been planning since the end of 2011 near the start of 2012. So it's been going on for some time now. In my opinion, i'm actually quite excited for this change. It's something I'm looking forward to. The change of coins to me I believe is actually a good change. As the denominations are according to size from the 5 cents to the dollar coin, it increases in size. Last time, the 50 cent used to be bigger than the dollar coin itself. With the new third series, the coins are now much lighter, easier to identify with the visually-impaired, which in my opinion is a good change to help the people.

The designs have changed as well. From the old designs in the second series of the Singapore Gardens to the iconic places of Singapore in the third series. The different coins symbolizes different places as follows - 5cents - The Esplanade, 10cents - Public Housing, 20cents - Changi Airport, 50cents - Port Of Singapore, Dollar coin - The Merlion.

The coins are made with different materials, which are easier and less costly to produce. They are made with a new security design. This thing called the electromagnetic signature (EMS) which allows vending machines to detect and reject counterfeit or foreign coins. I never knew there were counterfeit coins! Never heard of any news of people using fake coins either. The dollar coin has a laser engraving of Vanda Miss Joaquim, the national flower of Singapore which looks cool. Actually the Dollar coin is the most attractive coin out of the whole set cause of it's double layered coating of brass and nickle. Weeee!  The coins are practically the same sizes except for the 50cents and the dollar coins and each of them have different types of side graving, so the visually impaired people can identify themselves with it I suppose? 
I just can't wait to get my hands on these new coins. I even have a big truck load of coins at home and I wonder if I have some 1 cents anywhere. LOL! Ancient coin. Anyone has the first series coins? I've not seen on before though. I cannot imagine how much work has to be done in order for all coin operating machines to be able to accept the new coins. I'm sure we have to get used to it slowly, but I think it's going to be rather easy now. I like the new designs. It's time for change people! I think we only have more to look forward to. I hope it is all appealing and helpful to us ! Not like the previous post on the 6.9million population. 

Sorry to the readers who aren't from Singapore for the current posts which you have no idea about but at least maybe you know some stuff hehe! :P 
Thanks for reading the post! If you have any more topics you wish to ask me about do write in the tagboard at the footsteps section on the left or tweet to me @mendthisheart ! Peace out! ^^ 

Recent Posts or Older Posts?
Layout by tentylers. Image from weheartit.